Pizza can be many things: cheesy and fat, simple or loaded, thin or deep, crispy or soft, cheap or expensive, etc., etc. Apparently it can even be a vegetable! But no matter what it will always be delicious, and it is also surprisingly easy to make yourself at home. So save some money – and some additives – and try out this easy and cheap recipe for homemade and delicious pizza. 🙂
- 1 portion base dough (recipe here). (You can exchange some of the regular flour with wholemeal flour for a healthier pizza)
- A bit of olive oil (can be left out)
- 1/2 can of chopped, peeled tomatoes
- 1 small can (about 50 g) of tomato pureé
- Dried bazil
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder (optional)
- 2 packages/balls of fresh mozarella cheese (about 250g when drained)
- Toppings of your choice (see suggestions below)
- After making the dough, put it in a warm place to raise for 30-45 minutes.
- When the dough is ready, turn on the oven to 250 degrees Celsius using either the pizza setting (if it has one) or convection. Make sure that there is already a baking sheet in the oven, as it will need to be hot when you put the pizza dough on it.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a table with some extra flour.
- In a small bowl, mix chopped tomatoes, tomato pureé and spices to taste to make the sauce.
- Take the hot baking sheet out of oven, put a baking sheet on it and then (carefully) The rolled-out dough.
- Smear the tomato sauce on the pizza dough, leaving about 1 1/2 cm of edge that will serve as the crust.
- Add chosen toppings to the pizza. Then tear the mozarella into pieces and add on top. (It doesn’t have to cover everything; it’ll spread when it melts).
- Brush the edge of the pizza with olive oil to get a crispy crust.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the edges are crispy and golden brown. Cut into pieces and serve.
Suggestions for toppings:
Italian style (a.k.a. the cheap and healthier option) :
1 small package of parma ham (60-80 g)
Fresh tomatoes (add after baking)
Pepperoni madness (Inspired by a friend):
2 packages of pepperoni
Extra tomato sauce
(cover the entire surface to keep the tomato sauce extra moist even after baking)
The bad breath, but totally worth it:
1 package of bacon strips
1/2 package of pepperoni
1 package of ham (the pizza topping-kind)
Garlic oil: olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, dried bazil and dried oregano
1 package of bacon
1 package of chorizo slices (about 80 g)
1 package of ham (pizza topping-kind)
About 250g of minced beef ( preferably low fat)
About 250g of minced beef
Chili powder/jãlapěno spice for the beef
Fresh green jãlapěnos
Comfort food-style (a favourite):
1 red bell pepper
Tomato slices (after baking)
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe and the suggestions and that you’ll try them some time. :3