This is one of my favourite recipes, when I need to cook something that is both delicious, quick and easily adaptable. You can switch out the stuffing with almost anything you want, and you get some really juicy chicken out of this. Enjoy!
Stuffed bacon-wrapped chicken:
- 1 chicken brast without skin per person
- 3 strips of bacon per person
- Stuffing option 1: 2 tsps salsa and 1 tbsp grated cheese per person
- Stuffing option 2: 2 tsps green pesto and 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese per person
- Stuffing option 3: Some sun-dried tomatoes and 1 tbsp grated cheese per person
- Extra cheese for drizzling over
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (convection).
- With a sharp knife, cut into one side of each chicken breast, until you are about 2/3-3/4 through it.
- While holding the breasts open with one hand, use the other to put pesto/salsa etc. in the breasts with a teaspoon – DO NOT smear it out with the teaspoon or in any way touch the chicken with it, until you’ve put stuffing on all of them to avoid bacteria spread.
- With your free hand, then put about 1 tbsp of cheese into each chicken breast and chosen them.
- Wrap two slices of bacon around the sides of the breasts and then wrap the last slice across of those, from end to end of the breasts.
- Put in an oven-proof dish and drizzle some extra cheese on top of the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts and serve with sides.
- Green pasta with green pesto and some fresh tomatoes.
- Homemade potato wedges and salad.
- Creamed potatoes and some wholemeal bread.